- By a combination of experiments (inverse gas chromatography) with calculations, we provided new insights into strength and nature of adsorption of organic molecules to van der Waals materials (J. Chem. Theory Comput., 13(3), 1328–1340, 2017).
- We prepared hydroxofluorographene, which is antiferomagnet at room temperature. A new door towards magnetic graphene is open (Nature Commun., 8, 14525 , 2017).
- We proudly announce new members of the family of graphene derivatives: cyanographene and graphene acids, which were synthesized from fluorographene (ACS Nano, 11(3), 2982–2991, 2017).
- We showed that doping with graphitic nitrogen triggers ferromagnetism in graphene (J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139(8), 3171–3180, 2017).
- Chemistry of Materials published our paper presenting chemical functionalization of graphene utilizing Grignard reactions with fluorographene (Chem. Mater., 29(3), 926–930, 2017).