Covalent attachment of phtalocyanine to graphene via Bingel reaction on fluorographene led to a very promising electrode material for supercapacitors (Adv. Funct. Mater., 28(29), 1801111, 2018).
We demonstrate that substitution and reductive defluorination of fluorographene can be controlled by solvent (J. Phys. Chem. Lett., 9(13), 3580–3585, 2018).
- We present the insight into structural and morphological organization of biomolecules on graphene in water, using an RNA hairpin as a model system. We show that the key parameters governing the RNA’s behavior on the graphene surface are the number of graphene layers, RNA concentration, and temperature (2D Mater, 5, 031006, 2018).
- Combining EPR and NMR experiments with theoretical calculations we show that reactivity of fluorographene is triggered by point defects (Nanoscale, 10, 4696–4707, 2018).
- Chemistry of Materials published our paper presenting chemical functionalization of graphene utilizing Grignard reactions with fluorographene (Chem. Mater., 29(3), 926–930, 2017).
- We showed that doping with graphitic nitrogen triggers ferromagnetism in graphene (J. Am. Chem. Soc., 139(8), 3171–3180, 2017).
- We proudly announce new members of the family of graphene derivatives: cyanographene and graphene acids, which were synthesized from fluorographene (ACS Nano, 11(3), 2982–2991, 2017).
- We prepared hydroxofluorographene, which is antiferomagnet at room temperature. A new door towards magnetic graphene is open (Nature Commun., 8, 14525 , 2017).
- By a combination of experiments (inverse gas chromatography) with calculations, we provided new insights into strength and nature of adsorption of organic molecules to van der Waals materials (J. Chem. Theory Comput., 13(3), 1328–1340, 2017).